Hard Attack News With Views

A place to read the 'Hard View' on certain stories that are linked up on Hard Attack News, and for readers of Hard Attack News to 'Sound Off', whether to the 'Hard View' or Post Their Own Take or View. Finally a place where viewers of Hard Attack News can post, exchange, Debate, & Discuss their Views on the News!

Name:
Location: New York, New York

Monday, February 28, 2005

Iraq Suicide Bomber Kills at Least 110 - Injures over 130

Associated Press Report - Published by Yahoo News

HILLAH, Iraq - A suicide car bomber blasted a crowd of police and national guard recruits Monday as they gathered for physicals outside a medical clinic south of Baghdad, leaving at least 110 people dead and 133 injured — the single deadliest attack in the two-year insurgency.

Torn limbs and other body parts littered the street outside the clinic in Hillah, a predominantly Shiite area about 60 miles south of Baghdad.

Monday's blast outside the clinic was so powerful it nearly vaporized the suicide bomber's car, leaving only its engine partially intact. The injured were piled into pickup trucks and ambulances and taken to nearby hospitals.

Outside the concrete and brick building, people gingerly walked around small lakes of blood that pooled on the street. Scorch marks infused with blood covered the clinic's walls and dozens of people helped pile body parts, including arms, feet and limbs, into blankets. Piles of shoes and tattered clothes were thrown into a corner.

Angry crowds gathered outside the hospital chanting "Allah akbar," Arabic for "God is great," and demanded to know the fate of their relatives.

"I was lined up near the medical center, waiting for my turn for the medical exam in order to apply for work in the police," Abdullah Salih, 22, said. "Suddenly I heard a very big explosion. I was thrown several meters away and I had burns in my legs and hands, then I was taken to the hospital."

more...
Click Here for Full Report


Hard Observation: Chaos in Iraq Sadly Continues


Comments, Opinions?. Blog it On

4 Comments:

Blogger Hard Attack said...

11 am EST Monday AM

MSNBC Top Story: 'Michael Jackson Trial About to Begin'

11:02 AM, February 28, 2005  
Blogger Hard Attack said...

11:07 am Monday AM

MSNBC: Michael Jackson has arrived. Video Feed, shown multiple times in case you missed it.

Nothing on Iraq so Far.

Fortunatly, the Jackson Case is not going to be covered live like the OJ case. Not that the networks are going show any real news anyway.

11:08 AM, February 28, 2005  
Anonymous saddened said...

Hard like it or not you have become my first source for news my homepage on my browser cable and network news along with my local newspapers are in my strong opinion propaganda outlets wether they realize it or not, lending a deaf ear to world news is an act of terrorism in my opinion. thankyou hardattack for the work you do it is the work of a true patriot and a human being who is'nt willing to lye down and turn a deaf ear and cold heart to the plight of mankind. you have my complete respect keep up the good work.

1:34 PM, February 28, 2005  
Blogger Tx Texas House Cleaning said...

Hype blog. And I admire your site and plan on
returning to it! When I web surf it always helps me to
find great blogs.
Come as you are and look at my blog.

8:41 AM, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home